Being the CEO of any company is a significant achievement. But Being the CEO of Alphabet one of the most prominent firms in the world puts you in the books of history. Sundar Pichai may not appear to be someone you often hear, however; you probably make use of the internet search engine Google which he is the head of many times a day. Sundar Pichai started from humble starting points to become one the most influential CEOs around the globe.
Who is Sundar Pichai?
“Sundar Pichai, is the CEO at Alphabet (2019) and its subsidiary Google LLC (2015)’.He is the highest-paid Google executive. Google”
Main Proceedings of Sundar Pichai life
- Sundar Pichai is a computer engineer, who is currently the Chief Executive Officer for Google Inc.The tech giant Google is a specialist in internet-related products and services was subject to a major transformation in 2015. The result was that Alphabet Inc was launched as its parent company with co-founders Larry Page as its CEO and Sergey Brin as President.
- Pichai was in charge of Google’s Products and Engineering, was named Chief Executive Officer for Google, which happens to be the largest company that is part of Alphabet Inc. Pichai had been with Google several years ago in the role of a Product Manager. He was in charge of the development and innovation for many of the Google’s products like Google Chrome and Chrome OS that went on to become very popular.Then, he assumed the direction of the other Google products such as Gmail as well as Google Docs and climbed to the top of the ladder quickly.
- He was born in Chennai, India; Pichai was creative and bright from an early age.After completing his studies at some of the top institutions around the globe and was employed in the fields of engineering and product managing in Applied Materials and in management consulting at McKinsey & Company before becoming an integral member of Google.
- Pichai is loved by his coworkers and is often referred to as the “man who is the brain behind Google’s most significant products.
- A brilliant engineer well-known for his ingenuous concepts, Sundar Pichai is best known as the brains behind the development of Chrome browser in the year 2008.He played a key role in convincing his colleagues at Google to create the browser, which later became the most used browser on the internet. It also led to the creation in the Chrome operating system.
Sundar Pichai Childhood & Early Life
- Pichai Sundararajan was born on 12 July 1972, at Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India.The father of his son, Regunatha Pichai worked as an electrician at GEC, a British company GEC and ran a factory which produced electrical components. His mother was a stenographer prior to the birth of her children. He has a brother.
- Pichai was a brilliant student.He was a star in his primary school in at Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan. He obtained a place at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur among the top prestigious engineering institutes in India.
- He completed a B.Tech at the level of Metallurgical Engineering at IIT Kharagpur and then won an award to pursue a degree in materials science and semiconductor Physics at Stanford University from where he ultimately obtained his M.S.
Sundar Pichai Career and Major Contributions
- He originally planned to start Ph.D. in the field of physics at Stanford as academic careers.He dropped out and joined Applied Materials, a Silicon Valley semiconductor maker–as an engineer and product manager. He didn’t stay there for long.
- He later completed his MBA at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (2002), in which he was named Siebel Scholar as well as the Palmer Scholar.
- After completing his MBA He was then appointed manager consultant at McKinsey & Company.
- He was hired by Google as a Google employee in the year 2004.He initially worked in Google’s search toolbar part of a small group. The toolbar provided the users of Internet Explorer and Firefox easy access to Google search.
- He was also involved in other Google products such as Google Gears and Google Pack.The success of Google’s Toolbar has given Pichai the notion that Google could create an own version of its browser. He discussed the idea with his colleagues, but was snubbed by then-CEO Eric Schmidt, who thought that creating an actual browser would be too costly venture.
- But, Pichai persevered and convinced the co-founders of Google, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, to launch Google’s own web browser.Pichai played a key role in the release of this browser Google Chrome, in the year 2008. Chrome was an enormous success since it enabled users to directly connect to the Google search engine.
- Pichai became a global name following the incredible success of Chrome which later became the top no#1 browser on the planet beating competitors like Internet Explorer and Firefox.The Chrome also set the stage for a number of other products that are important, such as Chrome OS, Chromebooks, and Chromecast.
- In 2008 Pichai was promoted into Vice President for Product development.In this post, he began appearing more frequently at Google talks and continued to climb through the ranks of Google. In 2012, he had been named the Senior Vice of Chrome and Apps.
- The year 2013 saw Andy Rubin, the creator of Android quit to focus on a different project.Larry Page then made Pichai the head of Android in addition. His influence grew and he was appointed the Product Chief in October of 2014.
- in 2015, Google established the company, Alphabet Inc., which serves as an holding company and conglomerate to control the various subsidiaries previously controlled by Google as well as a brand new “slimmed down” version of Google itself.On the 10th of August, 15th, Sundar Pichai was named the new Google’s CEO. Google.
- In February of 2016 in February 2016, he was given 273,328 shares in the holding company Alphabet which resulted in a boost to the value of his assets.The shares were worth $199 million. it increased his holdings in the range of $650million.
Sundar Pichai Personal Life & Legacy
He is the husband of Anjali Pichai. He is also the father of two kids. Sundar Pichai is married to Anjali Pichai, whom was his first friend during his times in IIT Kharagpur. Anjali Pichai is a Business Analyst and Manager. Pichai is a member of a family that includes her husband and his two young children: a daughter as well as one son.
Sundar Pichai Net Worth
Sundar Pichai has an estimated net worth, as of June 2021, is approximately $1.3 billion (£943 million). He earns $2M per year as CEO of Google, as well as owning stocks and shares in the multi-billion dollar company.
Random Facts about Sundar Pichai
- Sundar Pichai is a huge cricket enthusiast and was a captain for his school’s cricket team.
- Pichai’s passions include Football and Cricket.He is a huge supporter of FC Barcelona and states that “he watches every game of the club”.
- His family didn’t have phones until he reached 12.
- He once tried to convince one of his friends out of working for Google prior to becoming a part of in the company himself.
- Sundar Pichai joined Google even before the company went public.
- He’s very adept at retaining numbers. He was able to recall every number he called when he was younger.
- He has interaction with students at IIT Kharagpur via Skype regularly.
- He was also among the most favored candidates for the position of the CEO of Microsoft that was ultimately awarded in the direction of Satya Nadella.
- He is very humble, down to earth person.
With all the progress Pichai has also faced his own set of difficulties. When we talk about his life as Sundar Pichai, every single turn can be a source of inspiration. From his first struggles to his willingness to take risks and cooperative attitude All of them are characteristics of a leader who is exemplary. If the previous results are an indicator, Google is in good hands and is expected to perform very well in the coming weeks and months.
Motivational quotes by Sundar Pichai
Great people say great words. World want to follow their saying, some of sundar Pichai motivational sayings are as follows:
“It is Important to Follow Your Dreams and Heart. Do Something that Excites You.” ― Sundar Pichai
“As a leader, It is important to not just see your own success, but focus on the success of others.” ― Sundar Pichai
“A person who is happy is not because everything is right in his life, He is happy because of his attitude towards everything in his life is right.”― Sundar Pichai
“Wear your failure as a badge of honor!” ― Sundar Pichai
Books on Sundar Pichai
Some writers have written books on life, accomplishment and imaginations of Sundar Pichai. Few books names are as follows:
Pichai: The Future of Google
By Jagmohan S. Bhanver
Sundar Pichai: Top 10 Rules for Success
By Naresh Kumar
By Andy Atkins